Monday, September 22, 2014

Terrific Washington Post Article About An A-Gendered Person

Really great article in the Washington Post about Kelsey, who was born with a "female" body, but realizes as she goes through high school that she does not identify as male or as female. It's wonderful to see such an honest, sympathetic portrait in one of the US's papers of record.

For what it's worth, I feel like Kelsey is the opposite of me. She doesn't identify as female, but doesn't identify as male, either. I don't identify as male because I am just as inclined to identify as female. But, in other ways, of course, our struggles are similar.

Three cheers for Kelsey's mother, Nancy, who supports her despite her own difficulties understanding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but are moderated to prevent offensive content. That doesn't mean you have to agree with me, but you do have to respect me.